S. Rob Sobhani for U.S. Senate
We asked Rob Sobhani (candidate for U.S. Senate from Maryland) to
tell the Iranian-Americans about some of the issues that he will address
if he is elected:
Issues of Interest to Americans of Iranian descent
- Taxation without representation.
- Ending the demonizing and stereotyping of Iran and Iranians.
- Streamlining non-immigrant visa requirements for Iranians
applying to visit relatives and loved-ones in the United States.
- Giving Iranians the choice of applying at any American embassy
and consulate abroad for a non-immigrant visa.
- Ending the harassment of Iranians entering and leaving the
United States for the simple reason of being an Iranian.
- Abolishing the current IRS codes and replacing it with a
flat tax of 17% on personal income would help many Americans of
Iranian descent who are self-employed or owners of a small business.
If all Americans of Iranian descent united . . .
Rob Sobhani added to the above that:
Also, if elected, I will establish satellite offices in California
under the umbrella of "Khan-e-Iran" to assist American-Iranians
with their problems.
Fundraising Reception in San Francisco -
Friday October 22