A top military official said in Tehran on Sunday that US troops in Iraq are responsible for the fate of four Iranian border guards abducted by the terrorist Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO), IRNA reported.
Brigadier-General Mir Faisal Baqerzadeh, who heads the Missing in Action (MiA) Search Committee of Iran's Armed Forces General Headquarters, said the MKO had abducted the Iranians on April 23 on Iran's border with Iraq in Naftshahr.
The Iranians, Baqerzadeh said, had been later handed to US troops in Iraq.
He further criticized the International Committee of the Red Cross as well as other related international organizations for their failure to take the required measures to release the Iranians. Baqerzadeh named the Iranians as Majid Amani, Reza Sheikhi, Ardeshir Zolfaqari and Ali-Asghar Talebi.
He said Talebi is a disabled veteran of Iran-Iraq war, stressing that Iranian officials are worried about his health as well as other guards.
Baqerzadeh further said Iran expects the UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, the ICRC, and Iraq's Governing Council to take the required actions to release the Iranian border guards.
... Payvand News - 12/14/03 ... --