Tehran, Feb 8, IRNA -- Minister of Post, Telegraph and Telephone Ahmad Motamedi said here Saturday that 200,000 cellphones lines would be given to the public in the next one and half months.
Speaking at ceremonies to launch more than 2,700 telecommunication and postal projects nationwide, that in the next Iranian year (starting March 21), some 1,100,000 new cellphones lines would be handed over to applicants.
He said that 2,723 telecommunications and postal projects, which became operational during the Ten-Day Dawn celebrations to mark the anniversary of the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, had cost rls 2,786.428 billion.
The minister said that so far, 2,200,000 cellphones have been provided to the public.
He said that more than two million fixed phones would be put at disposal of the public in the next Iranian year.
... Payvand News - 2/9/03 ... --