Alliance of Iranian Americans calls for demonstrations in Los Angeles
Protest the Los Angeles INS using registration to conduct mass illegal arrests and discouraging people from registering as required by law
ALLIANCE OF IRANIAN AMERICANS
Protest: The mass warrantless illegal arrests of Middle-Eastern males who showed-up for INS's mandatory registration program in Los Angeles in December
- The program is supposed to "register" people, not target them for mass illegal arrests;
- Thousands of men who did not register by December because they rightly feared illegal arrest or because of the chaos at the INS office deserve an extension to register;
- The thousands of men required to register in January- February, 2003, should not again face mass arrests.
- The men arrested in December who are still detained should be quickly released on reasonable bails.
- Los Angeles appears to be the only city which used the registration program as a vehicle to make mass illegal arrests;
When: Saturday, January 4, 2003, Noon to 1 PM
INS Los Angeles District Office
300 N. Los Angeles Street
Los Angeles, Ca. 90012
... Payvand News - 1/3/03 ... --