Zahedan, Sistan and Baluchestan prov, Jan 7, IRNA -- A provincial official here on Monday said that the Sunday blasts in Zahedan had been result of fireworks, not bombs, stressing that no political motivation had been behind the incidents.
Deputy Governor General for Political and Security Affairs of Sistan and Baluchestan province Gholam-Reza Javidan stressed that the blasts had been carried out by no political group, and recalled speculations that the incidents had been planned and carried out by hooligans using hand-made firework bombs to merely create fear among the public.
Javidan further said that four people had been slightly wounded as a result of the blasts, adding that they had been discharged from hospital after receiving outpatient treatment.
The official further put the number of blasts at six which had occurred in five points of the city.
Also in related news, Governor General of Sistan and Baluchestan province Heydar-Ali Nouraei said the police have launched a probe into the incidents, adding that the perpetrators would be soon identified.
... Payvand News - 1/7/03 ... --