It added that the proposals submitted by Iranian and foreign bidders are under review, adding the winner will be announced in the next two months.
"There have not been any contract signed with either foreign or domestic companies," it added.
The report said given adequate financing in this Iranian year (started March 20), the first phase of line 3 will be operational in three years.
Earlier, former Tehran mayor, Malek-Madani had stressed the need to use foreign resources for expansion of Tehran Metro, adding, "The plans for extension of Metro will be put to international tender in the near future."
Last year, speaking at a ceremony marking the inauguration of the first Metro terminal and repair station in western Tehran, he told IRNA, "Expansion plans are being carried out."
He also said that the only way to reduce traffic in Tehran is to expand the Metro system.
If financial resources are provided for the Metro expansion plans, over eight more lines will be built within the next three years.
Tehran residents grapple with multitude of problems, including traffic congestion and pollution every day related to living in a mega city.
... Payvand News - 5/11/03 ... --