Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi on Sunday rejected news published by some US media on visit to Tehran of several US congress members, saying no planning has been made for such a trip, IRNA reporte from Tehran.
He made the remarks while talking to reporters on the sidelines of a Foreign Ministry photos and documents exhibition in Tehran.
On participation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in the upcoming D-8 meeting to be held this month in Tehran, Kharrazi said according to what has so far been announced, President Mubarak will not attend the meeting.
However, a senior Egyptian delegation is to arrive in Tehran to take part in the meeting, he added.
On Tehran-Cairo relations, Kharrazi said bilateral tie between the two countries is taking its natural and sound trend so that official ties will be established between the two sides in the near future.
The important point is that, the two countries are determined to establish such a relation, the foreign minister reiterated.
On fate of the four Iranian diplomats kidnapped by the Zionist regime in 1982, he said in order to follow up the case he is to visit Lebanon this week.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi on Saturday also denied reports that a US congress team was to visit Tehran soon. "No planning has been made for the visit of American Congress members to Iran and such trips are not on agenda," he added.
... Payvand News - 2/1/04 ... --