By Syma Sayyah, Tehran
On Sunday June 12, a coalition of
Iranian groups and individuals held a gathering in
The last time the Iranian women got
together to object to injustices that prevails in the society was on
1. Many came but were stoppe by the heavy presence of police and were held up on the other side of the street.
2. Many men wanted to joing but they were stopped by the police.
3. Generally speaking, the police were spolite and tolerant.
4. The demo started just before 5pm and ended at 6pm.
5. My guess is that about 800 women were there and that if all had been allowed to join, the number would be 2000 max. still this is good.
Report by Iranian Feminists Tribune (Persian)
Mehrangiz Kar’s piece (Persian)
Report by Iranian Students News Agency (Persian)
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --