Tehran, May 23, IRNA-Iran's President Mohammad Khatami issued a communique in Tehran on Monday night, including five guidelines for various concerned organs and officials of the system in a bid to launch a sound presidential election.
In the prelude to his guidelines, the president stresses the importance of the people's massive presence at the polls under the current tough conditions with which the country is entangled, and in order to strengthen the foundations of religious democracy, security, and advancement in Iran.
President Khatami also refers in his prelude to the significant effect of the Supreme Leader's "benevolent measure" adopted to correct the (Guardians Council's grave) mistake, that "could result in "irreparable losses for the country and the political system." The president has further hoped that massive presence of the people at the polls would be facilitated in strengthening the foundations of freedom, advancement, closer proximity between the nation and the system, and materializing the exalted objectives of the revolution and the nobel nation.
Stressing that the government shoulders a very high responsibility in launching a sound an authentic election based on "conditions that can under no means be ignored, the presidents presents his five guidelines for launching such elections as follows:
1. The esteemed Interior Minister, as the person in charge of the entire executive affairs of the election, relies on great potentials of that ministry, including the personnel under his command, the governorates and provincial administrative bodies.
He should take optimum advantage of all those resources, as well as his legal authorities since the beginning of the President Elections Campaign period, till the end of the vote count process, to make dead-sure about the healthy and sound process of the election.
2. The esteemed Intelligence Minister should assist the Interior ministry, and particularly its Elections Headquarters, resorting to all legal potentials within his disposal, in performing their sensitive tasks, including identifying the probable violators, that should be treated based on related laws.
3. The heads and managing directors of all state and public organizations of the country should take maximum care not to permit the hopefuls and their supporters to take advantage of public properties.
They should introduce the violators to concerned officials without delay and regardless of all possible concerns to be dealt with according to the country's related laws.
4. The country's disciplinary, law enforcement, and military forces, including the Islamic Republic Guard Corps (IRGC), the IRI Army, and the beloved Basij (mobilization force), should abide by the country's laws and refrain from any type of moves that might be interpreted as interference in any phase of the elections.
The esteemed commanders and intelligence officials at the various branches of the disciplinary and armed forces, should on the other hand heed their responsibilities in rushing to assist the elections Headquarters of the Interior Ministry and the elections supervisors.
They are also urged to introduce the probable violators of the elections laws to concerned judiciary and legal officials to be dealt with properly and according to the laws.
5. The esteemed Judiciary Chief is hereby requested to introduce a special envoy for election affairs, and to establish a special committee within the Judiciary Force, inclusive of that esteemed envoy, as well as the interior and intelligence ministers, commissioned to assure the nobel nation of the sound process of the elections, to see into observation of all related laws, and to assist the election officials.
... Payvand News - 5/24/05 ... --