Tehran, May 30, IRNA-Norway's Aker Kvaerner announced it has pulled out of a consortium that had won a tender to develop South Pars phases 15 and 16, the press reported here Monday.
Managing Director of Pars Oil and Gas Company (POGC) Akbar Torkan has said that Aker Kvaerner in a letter to POGC has announced that it has failed to arrive at an agreement with other consortium members over the project.
Torkan said this means that the tender will be cancelled considering that the Norwegian company was planned to lead the consortium in the project.
The Persian-language newspaper `Sobh-e Eqtesad' quoted Torkan as saying that the consortium had signed the tender documents last week but had failed to come to terms on how they should implement the project.
He said that POGC will need to implement a new project following cancellation of the tender.
No other details were provided by the POGC.
Other members of the consortium included Iran Marine Industrial Company (SADRA) and Khatam-ol-Anbia Construction Group.
The consortium had been declared as the winner of the tender two months ago, but the signing of the relevant contract had been postponed for what has been cited as technical reasons.
Meanwhile, Sobh-e Eqtesad quoted SADRA Managing Director Jalil Khobreh as saying that Aker Kvaerner had failed to arrive at an agreement with other members of the consortium over project shares.
Khobreh added that SADRA plans to replace the Norwegian company in the project and that his company is currently negotiating with Khatam-ol-Anbia Construction Group to take charge of the onshore section of the phases.
Also the report has quoted an an unnamed POGC informed source as saying the tender may not be cancelled immediately as Torkan has suggested, and that SADRA and Khatam-ol-Anbia may be given a deadline for a few days to determine the fate of the deal and their participation in the tender.
... Payvand News - 5/30/05 ... --