Feminine Breeze: Arts and Freedom in Iran, is an independent documentary focusing on how Iranian women artists use their artistic medium for autonomy and self-exression in a society dominated by political Islam.
The film features in-depth conversations with six prominent women:
- a martial arts instructor, the teacher of the national women Karate team, Afsaneh Bagheri
- the stage director Pari Saberi and her play about Forough Farrokhzad called: The Voice Alone
- a young photographer named Shadi Ghardirian, who has exhibitions throughout the world
- an international well-known filmmaker, Tamineh Milani
- a famous Iranian poet, Simin Behbahani
- the journalist Asieh Amini: her newspaper was shut down by the government four times and has reappeared under different names
At the beginning and conclusion of each episode we get glimpses of every day life in various cities in Iran -- Tehran, Isfahan, and Mashad -- providing visual background to the narrative on the female artists in Iran.
... Payvand News - 5/18/06 ... --