TEHRAN, Nov. 11 (Mehr News Agency) -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini has dismissed an Argentine court ruling accusing Iran of involvement in a 1994 bombing as legally baseless.
An Argentine judge issued an order on Thursday, renewing claims that Iranian officials had planned the 1994 bombing of the headquarters of the Jewish organization AMIA in Buenos Aires that killed 85 people.
"The Argentine court ruling is legally baseless and the accusations are baseless," Hosseini said in a statement issued here on Saturday.
"So far, no evidence has been produced proving the Islamic Republic of Iran is involved in the incident," he added.
This case is full of contradictions; for instance, the suicide bomber has not been identified yet, the Foreign Ministry spokesman said.
"Argentina's judiciary system is corrupted. The corruption of the previous judge of the case, (Juan Jose) Galeano, is common knowledge.
"The new judge has rewritten the previous 800-page file by using the statements of counter-revolutionary elements and agents of the CIA and the Mossad and has quickly issued the ruling under the influence of Zionist officials without any clear evidence," he noted.
It is clear that the latest move is a U.S.-Zionist conspiracy to weaken Iran in the nuclear issue as well as cover up the failure of the Zionist regime in the Lebanon war, he added.
"We have a collection of evidence that we will present to Interpol to prove the accusations are baseless," he stated.
The Argentine government should not retry the path that has failed two times, Hosseini said, adding that this case will produce nothing but more disgrace for the Latin American state.
... Payvand News - 11/11/06 ... --