Iran News ...


Iran starts transporting largest oil platform in Persian Gulf

Tehran, Dec 1, IRNA - The offshore transportation of processing platform of Salman oilfield, the largest oil topside in the Persian Gulf, started on Sadra Island, southern Iran.

The Khouf Production Platform (KPP) processing topside, the main one of Salman oil and gas field, and a linking bridge are transferred to Bushehr, southern Iran.

According to PIN, the giant topside weighs over 6,300 tons and its weight will soar to 7 ,500 tons when it becomes operational.

Given the weight of its jacket, the eight-legged KPP platform will reach about 10,000 tons.

The topside is about 50x50 meters and its highest point from the surface of water is about 50 meters.

The heavy platform was carried to the island on Nov. 14 and the FLB124 vessel is transporting the topside to Salman field.

The topside as the largest topside project of Salman oil and gas field was loaded by Iran Offshore Industries Company (SADRA) in southern province of Bushehr.

The topside and its jacket, which form the largest platform among national oil and gas projects, have been designed and manufactured domestically.

Petroiran Development Company quoted EPC2 project manager as saying that preliminary loading operation of the platforms began Tuesday and continued without stoppage.

Hamid Moussavi explained that the loading was conducted through push-pull mechanism.

He added that the KPP topside would initially produce gas extracted from Dalan gas field wells.

About 550 million cubic feet of gas per day (CFD) is transferred to Sirri Island in the Persian Gulf through undersea pipeline, he said.

The official pointed out that the KPP platform had been installed using a float-over method while the other platforms were installed through crane-lift method.

In addition to processing some 550 million feet of gas per day, the KPP platform is to produce about 6,500 barrels of gas condensates daily.

The topside consists of three main docks and 107 packages, including two 7 MW generators and one gas compressor.

The topside is installed according to float-over method, i.e. the vessel partly sinking in water is located at the jacket venue and carries out the installation operations.

Climatic conditions are deciding for operations and the task is done maximum one week after the transportation if the weather permits.

The major stage of installation of the heavy topside is done in two days, during which the KPP topside is connected to the LQ3 residential platform and FK-A 2 drilling platform with two bridges.

Salman field's residential platform is the next topside that will be carried from Sadr Company's workshop in Bandar Abbas to the field and it will be installed in the next stage.

Salman field is to have 7 topsides and 7 jackets, of which four topsides have been so far installed.

Flare topside named FPP, PP3 topside, 2SKC drilling topside, and 2SKB topside have been already installed in Salman field.

All 7 jackets have been already placed and the LQ3 residential platform accommodating 60 persons and GLP platform in the oil section of Salman field will be installed later.

Development plan of Salman oil and gas field has progressed 95 percent and will be made operational before the end of the current Iranian calendar year, March 19, 2008.

The plan aims at increase production of the field to 50,000 barrels of crude oil per day, 500 million cubic feet of gas and about 6,000 barrels of gas condensate a day.

Cumulative production from Salman oil and gas field has been reported at 187.418 million barrels and average cumulative production of the field stood at over 84,000 barrels per day.

Repairing and promoting existing installations by National Iranian Offshore Oil Company, construction of topsides and their installation by SAF and SADRA companies are major steps to be taken with regard to developing the field.

Also, basic and detailed engineering, civil operations, wiring, electricity supply, and installation of other equipment have progressed over 99 percent.

Petroiran Development Company is the main contractor for development of the field and has signed several contracts with subcontractors for installation of jackets for two gas production platforms (EPC1), manufacture and installation of all platforms and their jackets (EPC2) , construction of oil and gas pipelines and construction of a 30-inch pipeline to export gas to Assalouyeh or Mobarak platform (EPC3), installing gas compression equipment on Sirri Island (EPC7), as well as overhauling platforms (EPC8).

Salman gas field is shared by Iran and the UAE. Some 70 percent of the offshore gas field is located at Iranian waters and the remaining 30 percent in the Persian Gulf Arab sheikhdom.

... Payvand News - 12/01/07 ... --

comments powered by Disqus

Home | ArchiveContact | About |  Web Sites | Bookstore | Persian Calendar | twitter | facebook | RSS Feed

© Copyright 2007 NetNative (All Rights Reserved)