Iran News ...


6/10/07

US admitted Iran had nothing to do with al-Khobar blast, FM Spokesman

Tehran, June 10, IRNA - Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said on Sunday that US admitted that Iran had nothing to do with al-Khobar blast in Saudi Arabia.

"Admission of the former US Defense Secretary W. Perry was a response to the US administration's baseless charges against Iran," said Hosseini in his weekly press briefing when asked to comment on Perry's statement clearing Iran of involvement in the al-Khobar explosion after 11 years.

Perry said after 11 years that the US had come to the conclusion that al-Qaeda had been behind the suicide bombing in the US military base in al-Khobar not Iran.

Hosseini advised the US Under-Secretary of State Nocholas Burns to take lessens from that and not to level unsubstantial allegations against Iran.

Burns had recently backed Israeli charge of Iran role in bombing AMIA Jewish center in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Elsewhere, Hosseini lauded the EU Foreign Policy Chief Javier Solana's "good and logical" stance in recommending the UN Security Council not to deal with Iran harshly in connection with its nuclear program.

He said Solana had suggested the UNSC not to be tough with Iran because the attitude could affect process of the current negotiations.

He went on to say that Iranian top nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani's and Solana's deputies are scheduled to meet on Monday to follow up the issue.

He said Larijani and Solana agreed on the need for expert studies on the proposals at hand to resolve the dispute.

... Payvand News - 6/10/07 ... --



comments powered by Disqus

Home | ArchiveContact | About |  Web Sites | Bookstore | Persian Calendar | twitter | facebook | RSS Feed


© Copyright 2007 NetNative (All Rights Reserved)