The decree, a copy of which was made available to IRNA, appointed 22 dignitaries for the post, among them top nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani, Majlis Speaker Gholam-Ali Haddad-Adel, Secretary of the Guardian Council Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, former foreign minister Ali Velayati, former prime minister Mir-Hossein Moussavi, and former vice-presidents Hassan Habibi and Mohammad-Reza Aref.
The Council previously grouped heads of the three branches of government, ministers of Culture and Islamic Guidance, of Science, Research and Technology, of Health, and of Education, the heads of the Islamic Republic of Iran's Broadcasting, of the State Management and Planning Organization, of the Islamic Propagation Organization, of the Women Social and Cultural Council, and of Islamic Azad University, as well as the chairmen of the Majlis commissions of Education and Research, of Culture, and of Health and Medicare.
The Supreme Leader's new decree lists the members of
the Council as follows:
1. (Secretary of the Guardian Council) Haj Sheikh Ahmad Jannati 2. (Majlis Speaker) Gholam-Ali Haddad-Adel
3. (Former Vice-President) Hassan Habibi
4. (Former Prime Minister) Mir-Hossein Moussavi
5. Ahmad Ahmadi
6. Ali Shariatmadari
7. Reza Davari
8. (Former Foreign Minister and Leadership Advisor for Foreign and International Affairs) Ali-Akbar Velayati
9. Iraj Fazel
10. (Former Vice-President) Mohammad-Reza Aref
11. Mehdi Golshani
12. (Top nuclear negotiator and Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council) Ali Larijani
13. Ali-Reza Sadr-Hosseini
14. Mohammad-Ali Keynejad
15. Mohsen Ghomi
16. Hassan Rahimpour
17. Mohammad-Reza Mokhber
18. Sadeq Vaezzadeh
19. Ali-Akbar Sadeqi-Rashad
20. (Head of the Islamic Culture and Communication Organization) Mahmoud Mohammadi Araqi
21. (Deputy Minister of Science, Research and Technology for Education) Mansour Kabkanian
22. (Member of Board of Instructors of Tehran University's Faculty of Social Sciences) Hossein Kachuian.
... Payvand News - 5/6/07 ...
... Payvand News - 5/6/07 ... --