Tehran, Oct 24, IRNA - Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki categorically
dismissed on Wednesday reports on his alleged resignation, saying "I did not
Speaking to reporters prior to attending a session of Majlis National
Security and Foreign Policy Commission, Mottaki said he would continue serving
the Islamic Revolution and people of Iran.
"Based on the order of the Supreme Leader (Ayatollah Ali Khamenei) this is
our duty to serve objectives of the Islamic establishment and those of the
Islamic Revolution within the framework of government's policies," said the
He stressed that he and his colleagues at the Foreign Ministry had prepared
"an up-to-date plan" for their everyday works for at least the next 30 days.
"We have up-to-date plans for the coming month and prepared our plans for
the remaining days of the current Iranian year (to end on 19 March 2007).
"We have also drawn up our next year's programs," stressed the minister.
A number of domestic and foreign media reported this morning that Mottaki
had resigned from his post.
"I and my colleagues at the Foreign Ministry have modified plans for the
coming days up to the end of the current year and we have to spend lots of time
on implementing them," Mottaki said.
He stressed that he had no time to spend on hearing rumors as he and his
colleagues at the ministry were "assigned by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to
seriously follow up our duties."
Commenting on reports of Mottaki's resignation, President Ahmadinejad said
earlier today, "The issue of resignation is in no way discussed."
Mottaki does his everyday work very energetically and, today (Wednesday) he was
present in the cabinet session from the beginning to the end.
"Mr. Mottaki appointed his deputy last night and since then a psychological
war has been triggered," said the president.
... Payvand News - 10/24/07 ... --