THE MODALITY FOR COMPREHENSIVE NEGOTIATIONS
Stage one: Preliminary talks,
1) In this stage, a maximum 3 rounds of talks will take place between Dr. Jalili, representing the Islamic Republic of Iran and Dr. Solana, representing the 3+3.
2) By the end of the above stage, the parties will have agreed on a modality to govern the negotiations. They will have further agreed on the subsequent stages of negotiations, which will include the following.
A- Determination of the timetable and the agendas of negotiations that will take place in the stage - which will be based on the commonalities of the two packages. Subsequently the committees will be organised and their agendas' will also be determined.
B- Requirements, manner and time of entry into the next stage.
Stage two: Start of talks,
1) With completion of stage one and implementation of the agreed requirements, talks will start at the level of ministers.
2) At the beginning of the above stage, the 7 states will meet the following requirements:
A- The 3+3 will refrain from taking any unilateral or multilateral action - or sanctions - against Iran, both inside and outside the UNSC. The group will further discontinue certain unilateral measures taken by one or some of it's members.
B- The Islamic Republic of Iran will continue to cooperate with the agency.
3) In this stage a minimum of 4 meetings will take place between Mr. Solana, the foreign ministers of the 3+3, and Dr. Jalili, the Minister for Foreign Affairs and the head of the Atomic Energy Organisation, representing the Islamic Republic of Iran.
4) The guiding principles of the meetings that will be attended by the 3+3 foreign ministers, plus Mr. Solana, in which the Islamic Republic of Iran will be represented by Dr. Jalili and the relevant ministers, will be as follows:
A- The parties will abstain from referring to, or discussing, divergent issues that can potentially hinder the progress of negotiations.
B- The parties will start by discussing issues that are considered as common ground.
C- The parties will agree on a timetable, list of issues to be discussed, and priorities of the negotiations.
5) The talks will end by issuing an official joint statement on the agreements reached at the above stage.
6) Following the statement on the completion of the talks, the 3 specialized committees will produce and finalize agreements on comprehensive cooperation.
Stage three: negotiations,
1) Upon the completion of the second stage of the talks, the 6 states will discontinue the sanctions and existing UNSC resolutions. Iran, in turn, will implement the agreed action.
2) With the start of the third stage, the 7 states will start to negotiate to produce and sign a comprehensive agreement relating to their "collective obligations" on economic, political, regional, international, nuclear, energy, security and defense cooperation - whose proposals will be presented to them by the specialized committees.
3) The negotiations will be conducted within a 2 month period. However, the period can be extended by mutual agreement.
4) Following the conclusion of the comprehensive and long-term agreement on "collective obligations" Iran's nuclear issue must be concluded in the UNSC and fully and completely returned to the Agency. Moreover, the issue must be taken out of the board of Governor's agenda and the implementation of the safeguards must be returned to normal in Iran.
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --