Humanity Unites proudly presents an evening of community dialogue regarding the current media focus on Iran and the possibility of war. We will look at the major concerns of the community and focus on what measures are viable and what we can do as a community locally.
A panel forum representing different perspectives of the Iranian, Jewish, and pro-Israeli community will discuss the issues being aired in mainstream media. We are honored to have the following distinguished individuals on our panel:
1. Mr. Ali Shakeri, A Community Advisory Board Member of the Center For Citizen Peace Building at University Of California Irvine (UCI). Shakeri has decades of independent research on the Middle East and Iran Issues, and recently released from solitary confinement from Evin Prison in Iran, where he was a political prisoner.
2. Dr. Kevin O'Grady, Orange County/Long Beach Regional Director of the Anti-Defamation League, and regional coordinator of responses to civil rights issues, hate crimes, monitors extremist groups, and speaks at public forums on issues of civil rights, diversity, anti-Semitism, and education.
3. Dr. Mohammad Sahimi, NIOC Chair in petroleum engineering and professor of chemical engineering & materials science at the University of Southern California, author of numerous articles on Iran's nuclear program and internal political developments, a consultant to many energy firms, the Department of Energy, and National Science Foundation.
4. Liana Foksheneanu, former director of Business Development for the Merage US-Israel Trade Foundation, Economic Officer at the Israeli Embassy in Washington D.C., Former Commercial Officer at the US Embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel, responsible for assisting companies who do business in both countries and fostering joint ventures.
Following our panel discussion, we will have our public deliberation and dialogue segment focusing on what solutions are viable in support of peace and justice for all.
· Where: Las Lomas Community Park:
10 Federation Way
Irvine, CA 92603
· When: Thursday, August 28th: 6 P.M. to 9 P.M.
Please RSVP your attendance as soon as possible and prior to August 14th to Sunny.Zia@gmail.com or 949.933.0343, as space is limited. Guest list will be strictly enforced.
... Payvand News - 08/06/08 ... --