Baghdad, Feb 16, IRNA - Iraq's Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said on Saturday that some 200 members of the outlawed grouplet called Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) have left Iraq in recent days.
Speaking to reporters, he said the Iraqi government with the cooperation with UNHCR had already prepared grounds for the expulsion of the grouplet.
MKO has become a complex issue for Iraq, he said.
The grouplet has the support of the multinational force stationed in Iraq which is beyond control of the Iraqi government, he said.
Iraqi government is to take control of Ashraf garrison as the main headquarters of the grouplet and erect shelter in the east of the country, he said.
Iraqi government is to form a special committee to follow up the issue of MKO, said the minister.
... Payvand News - 02/16/08 ... --