Background on NIAC
NIAC is a non-partisan, non-profit advocacy organization dedicated in advancing the interests of the Iranian-American community. Since early 2006, NIAC has played a prominent role on Capitol Hill educating lawmakers about the need for a diplomatic resolution to the US-Iran stand-off.
Job duties and responsibilities
The Director of Programming will handle all event related activities for the organization. This includes, but not limited to Congressional briefings, policy conferences, fundraisers, and other events that promote the goals of the organization.
The Director of Programming designs and organizes monthly briefings on Capitol Hill for Member of Congress and staffers, biannual policy conferences, and fundraisers throughout the country. The position also requires communicating and establishing relationships with Members of Congress and Senate and their staff members in congruence with the Legislative Director. The Director of Programming is also required to keep abreast of all the organization's major projects, and help promote its core mission through its programming.
The Director will be situated in NIAC's K St offices in Washington DC. Some travel required for fundraising events.
- Two or more years of experience in event management
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong people skills and ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with limited resources
- Interest in U.S. policy issues surrounding US-Iran relations, and other areas relevant to the Iranian-American community
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and proficiency in Power Point
- Bachelors or Associate Degree required
Proficiency in spoken Persian a plus
Low to mid-30s depending on education and experience, including benefits.
Please email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and the names and phone numbers of two references (professional or academic) to the attention of Pam Maeda, .
... Payvand News - 06/16/08 ... --