Riyadh, March 2, IRNA - Head of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) strongly condemned Saturday evening the massacre of the defenseless Palestinians by the Zionist regime forces.
Releasing a statement, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, said that massive aggression of the Israeli troops to Gaza Strip as well as other parts of the occupied lands was a blatant violation of the international laws and the United Nations' human rights conventions.
The Zionist regime started new wave of its crimes against defenseless Palestinians since February 27. The regime's heavy air strikes against residential areas in Gaza Strip has so far left 80 dead and wounded many more civilians.
The OIC head also called on the United Nations Security Council and other international human rights organizations to show immediate reactions to the Israeli crimes against humanity in the occupied lands.
Palestinian leaders have called for international protection.
The United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon condemned Israel for "excessive and disproportionate" use of force against civilians living in the Gaza Strip.
Reacting to Tel Aviv's atrocities against defenseless Palestinians in recent days, Iran has called on the International Criminal Court to bring to justice Israeli leaders for committing war crimes in Gaza Strip.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Saturday evening that the it was a duty of the International Criminal Court to file a case against Tel Aviv leaders for their crimes against civilians residents of Gaza Strip.
Palestine Authority chief Mahmud Abbas said the Israeli raids were "more than a holocaust".
He was apparently alluding to a statement made on Friday by Israel's deputy defence minister Matan Vilnai, who said Palestinians risked a "shoah" - the Hebrew word for a big disaster as well as for the Nazi Holocaust.
... Payvand News - 03/02/08 ... --