Press TV - Iran's Foreign Minister Mottaki says that public opinion across the world accuses Britain of supporting criminals and terrorists.
In a meeting with the head and members of a committee in charge of defending the rights of martyrs and victims of the 1980 seizure of the Iranian Embassy in London, Manouchehr Mottaki said that Iran had already held many rounds of direct talks with British officials over the case.
Expressing regret over the terrorist act against the Iranian Embassy on April 30, 1980, which was committed by a six-man team of terrorists, he stated that the event was a result of negligence and support for terrorism by the British government.
The minister voiced his hope that Britain would agree to extradite the only surviving member of the terrorist group responsible for the event to Iran to stand a fair trial.
The recent moves by the British government, including concocting a phony case against a former Iranian diplomat, the recent ruling by a British court to remove the Mojahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) from the list of terrorist groups and providing support for MKO to broadcast programs in Persian were clear indications of Britain's double-standard attitude to terrorism, added the minister.
Iran's then charge d'affaires to London and head of the committee said the terrorist act had occurred under the aegis of British security forces.
... Payvand News - 05/12/08 ... --