TEHRAN, May 12 (Mehr News Agency) -- The jury announced here on Sunday the best publishers of the last Iranian calendar year which took part in the 21st Tehran International Book Fair (May 1-12).
Part of the statement issued by the jury reads, "A
book goes through a long journey full of ups and downs before reaching the hands
of the readers. Authors write with their whole being; they create a new world
and entrust their work to publishers to beautifully publish it with modern
technology and creative innovation."
"The jury has based its decisions on several criteria. These include the content, publications quality, active participation in domestic and international book fairs, and observing the rights of the writers," it continues.
Following is the list of the best publishers of the year
Adult Books Publications
* Private Sector: Fatemi Publications
* Public Sector: Astan-e Qods Razavi Publications
Children's Books Publications
* * Private Sector: Shabaviz Publications
* * Public Sector: Shahed Publications
* Navid-e Shiraz Publications
* Markaz-e Nashr-e Daneshgahi Publications
* Mobtakeran Publications
* Thieme Publications for Latin books
* Danesh-e Katibeh Publications for Arabic books
Meanwhile, the pavilion of the Gaj Publications was selected the best pavilion of the fair.
In addition, proofreader Mohsen Naji-Nasrabadi was selected the best researcher, and the managing director of Asatir Publications was announced the best publisher.
... Payvand News - 05/13/08 ... --