London, Sept 10, IRNA - Foreign Secretary David Miliband has accepted an invitation to visit Tehran for the first time, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for European Affairs Mehdi Safari revealed Wednesday.
The invitation was extended during a meeting with Miliband on Tuesday and a date would be be arranged through diplomatic channels, Safari told a press conference at the end of his three-day visit to London.
When arranged, the visit would be the first by a British Foreign Secretary since Jack Straw made his fifth visit in October 2003.
During the press conference, the deputy Iranian minister spoke about the series of meetings he held with British ministers and officials during his trip.
With regard to Iran's nuclear programme, he confirmed that Iran was ready to continue dialogue, leading to negotiations to resolve issues.
Safari said there were a "lot of commonalities" in a proposal of package made by the 5+1, the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, plus Germany.
But there were ambiguities that had been accepted by the 5+1 that need to be resolved but that talks were being delayed by EU High Representative Javier Solana being busy with other issues, including Georgia, he said.
... Payvand News - 09/11/08 ... --