Berlin, Sept 16, IRNA - Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki began his first round of talks with his German counterpart, Frank Walter Steinmeier in Berlin on Tuesday.
In the talks, held at the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the two sides exchange ideas on issues of mutual interest and bilateral ties.
Continuation of talks on Iran's nuclear program and the Caucasus crisis are among the issues that would be discussed between the two top diplomats.
Our country's foreign minister arrived in Berlin for a day long visit on Monday evening.
Addressing a press briefing at the residence of the Iranian Ambassador to Germany, Mottaki made clear Tehran would continue its cooperation with the UN nuclear watchdog within its framework of rules and regulations "without pressure and interference."
Referring to the release of the latest IAEA report, Mottaki said it confirmed that the UN agency's findings corresponded with the answers and statements given by the Iranian side.
He also added the IAEA report acknowledged that there was no evidence which would show that Tehran's peaceful nuclear activities had been diverted for other purposes.
Pointing to the "successful cooperation" between Iran and the IAEA, Mottaki said all remaining questions had been answered based on the agreed modalities.
He warned against certain attempts of misusing the Iranian nuclear dossier for other political objectives.
"The issue for some is not the nuclear case but other things," Mottaki said.
They are making repeated baseless claims and are merely "looking for excuses". Our good cooperation with the IAEA makes them "angry," he added.
Iran has time and again said it needed nuclear energy to meet its growing energy demands.
"Even if the IAEA chief reports on Iran ten years later, he will give the same message that there is no evidence at hand to substantiate diversion in Iran's nuclear activities to military grade.
The report (of ElBaradei today) also proved that with the inspections, which have been unprecedented in history, there has been no diversion and all nuclear substances (of the country) have been checked," said Soltanieh in an interview with IRNA.
Asked about the alleged studies, he said, "As repeatedly announced explicitly, to solve the remaining issues on engagement basis, we and the IAEA have jointly worked out the action plan and reached agreement on it."
He said that within this framework, six remaining problems were investigated and solved and the IAEA informed international community that its findings are completely consistent with Iran's assertions.
"But as for the alleged studies it should be said that the IAEA failed to forward related documents based on its commitment and on the agreed date due to the US procrastination and their (Americans') interference in the Agency's internal affairs. So, based on the points observed, Iran in more than 117 pages gave logical answers, proving that the US claims on laptop are totally baseless and fabricated," he added.
He underlined that therefore, based on plan of action, Iran has been adhering to its commitments; so, implementation of the Safeguards should become something routine.
"As Mr. ElBaradei's report mentions, Iran is ready to respond to remaining IAEA questions in line with its commitments and the IAEA and NPT charter after the normalization process (implementation of the Safeguards)," Soltanieh said.
... Payvand News - 09/16/08 ... --