Press TV - The head of France's Total rejects reports that the firm will sign a major deal with Iran to develop part of the South Pars gas field.
The National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) announced last week that Tehran would finalize a $5 billion deal with Total to develop one phase of South Pars.
Total Chief Executive Christophe de Margerie said on Monday the statement made by NIOC head Seifollah Jashnsaz regarding the deal was not correct.
"If it was true I would know it," de Margerie told reporters at a meeting in New York. "We will not sign a contract that is not profitable."
Yves-Louis Darricarrere, head of Total's exploration and production operations, said earlier in February that the company was in talks with Iran on a major gas deal, but added that negotiations were advancing very slowly.
The United States is trying to persuade Total into abandoning Iran's energy projects. However, de Margerie said in September last year that the company had no plans to withdraw from Iran.
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --