D.C. January 8, 2009, Washington, D.C. - The
Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA) is
pleased to announce the results of the first election of its Board of Directors
by the organization's members. In these elections, from among 25 highly
qualified and dedicated candidates from across the country, our members elected
the following 18 persons to represent them in leading PAAIA, overseeing its
affairs and directing its policies.
1. Jamsheed Ameri - Co-founder and President, Kinsel Ameri Properties, Inc.
2. Cyrus Amir-Mokri - Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
3. Shahrzad Ardalan - Producer and Host, KIRN Radio Iran
4. Sharon Baradaran - President, Y&S Nazarian Family Foundation and Adjunct Professor, UCLA Department of Political Science
5. Hamid Biglari - Chief Operating Officer, Institutional Clients Group, Citigroup
6. Ali Ebrahimi - Chairman and CEO, Ersa Grae
7. Hossein Fateh - Co-founder, President, and CEO, DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc.
8. Akbar Ghahary - CEO and Chairman of the Board, Safas Corporation
9. Tamilla Ghodsi - Managing Director, Goldman Sachs & Co.
10. Nahal Iravani-Sani - Deputy District Attorney, Santa Clara County, CA
11. Mariam Khosravani - Executive Director, Coastline Community College Foundation
12. Akbar A. Lari - President, Claremont Group
13. Farhood Malek - CFP® First Vice President, Citi Smith Barney
14. Mohsen Moazami - Corporate Vice-President of the Internet Business Solutions Group, Cisco Systems Inc.
15. Avid Modjtabai - Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Wells Fargo
16. Ali Mojdehi - Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
17. Firouz Naderi - Associate Director, Project Formulation and Strategy, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
18. Nariman Teymourian - Chairman and CEO, Gale Technologies, Inc.
For biographies of the newly elected members of the Board of Directors of PAAIA, please click here.
Babak Hoghooghi, Executive Director of PAAIA, lauded the elections. "We sincerely express our utmost gratitude to all the candidates who demonstrated their commitment and dedication to the Iranian American community by stepping forward and participating in these elections," said Hoghooghi. "The election of PAAIA's new Board of Directors by the membership at large represents our commitment to building a broad-based, grass-roots public affairs organization that truly represents the Iranian American community."
The current Interim Board of PAAIA was elected by the organization's trustees prior to its launch, with the mandate of serving until the end of 2008 to help launch PAAIA. The election of PAAIA's Board to take office this month for a two-year term was held during the week of December 15th. Of the eighteen persons who were elected, ten served on the Interim Board and the other eight will be new members that we welcome to the PAAIA family.
The results of the election have been reviewed and certified by PAAIA's independent accountants, for a copy of which you can click here
The biggest lesson from the 2008 U.S. Presidential Elections has been that there is power in numbers and there is strength in grassroots organizing. Please join us in creating a grassroots organization to unite our community, portray an accurate image of Iranian Americans as one of the most successful communities in the U.S., and to create a strong and influential voice for our community in order to impact domestic issues and policies that are important to us.
To learn more about getting involved and becoming a member
of PAAIA, please click here.
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --