TEHRAN - Health Minister Kamran Baqeri-Lankarani stated here on Tuesday that 9 cases of swine flu have been detected in Iran.
"In addition to the first infected Iranian and the two others who had been announced previously... the disease has been confirmed in 6 others and the number infected (people) has increased to 9," Iranian Labor News Agency (ILNA) quoted the minister as saying.
Lankarani added none of the detected cases have been infected in Iran.
The first case was a teenager who lives in the United States and the two others have been Haj pilgrims, he said.
He also stated that all the patients have received full treatments and their health conditions are satisfactory.
Elsewhere in his remarks, the health minister said it has not been decided whether Iranian pilgrims will be allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia for this year's hajj due to the risk of the spread of swine flu.
He added he will have meetings with the health ministers of the east Mediterranean countries member to the World Health Organization to decide about this year's hajj.
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --