Source: Radio Zamaneh
Iran's Minister of Intelligence accused foreign powers of spending billions to stoke the fires of the 2009 unrest following the presidential elections.
Over a million rallied in Tehran on June 15, 2009 to protest the election results.
Ali Moslehi, Iran's Minister of Intelligence said "global
arrogance" has allotted 17 billion dollars for the "seditious" movement of 2009.
Iranian officials often use the term "arrogance" for the US and Iran's so-called Western enemies and they refer to the popular protests following the alleged fraud in the 2009 presidential elections as a foreign-backed "seditious movement" to topple the government.
Iran's Central News Unit which is linked to Islamic Republic's national broadcasting organization reports that in a meeting with Ministry of Education national directors, the Minister of Intelligence claimed that "a large portion of the budget of the global arrogance is allotted to the soft war in the Islamic Republic."
He added that "the enemy is planting role models based on hedonism, nihilism and loss of identity."
Last week, Ayatollah Jannati, head of Iran's Guardian Council told a group of worshippers in a mosque at the holy city of Qom that he has documents that prove "leaders of sedition" have been provided with a billion dollars by the US through Saudi intermediaries.
He added that the Saudis have told the Iranian leaders that the US is ready to give them up to 50 billion dollars to topple the regime.
The opposition leaders have condemned his statements and dared him to reveal his documents.
Last week, the speaker for the Guardian Council, supported Ayatollah Jannati's statement and added that the documents will be presented when trials for the people in question are held.
... Payvand News - 08/10/10 ... --