Iran News ...


07/23/10

Iran signs natural gas deal with Turkey

Source: Radio Zamaneh

Iran's Deputy Oil Minister, Javad Owji announced that Iran and Turkey have signed a billion- euro deal to increase natural gas exports to Turkey.

Mehr News Agency reports that according to this agreement, Iran will increase its gas exports to Europe to 70 million cubic metres for the next four years.

He also announced that the agreement entails the construction of the final section of the sixth gas pipeline between Iran National Natural Gas Company and Turkish Company ASB.

Owji announced that Iran is charged with 23 percent of the construction project and Turkey has undertaken the remaining 77 percent.

Iranian Oil Minister Masoud Mirkazemi also met with Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz to announce Iran's readiness to provide Turkey's Natural Gas needs.

Iran has had amicable relations with Turkey in the past years and in the course of Iran's nuclear negotiations with the West, Turkey along with Brazil tried to mediate a nuclear agreement which did not meet with any enthusiasm from the US or the EU.

The news of signing a new natural gas deal between Iran and Turkey comes at a time that earlier the US warned Pakistan against a similar deal with Iran saying it might be in violation of new sanctions against Iran.

... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --



comments powered by Disqus


Other Insteresting Articles:
Home | ArchiveContact | About |  Web Sites | Bookstore | Persian Calendar | twitter | facebook | RSS Feed


© Copyright 2010 NetNative (All Rights Reserved)