A top Iranian navy commander says the fact that the Iranian warships have crossed the Suez Canal and entered the Mediterranean is an indication that threats have been changed into opportunities.
Navy Commander Habibollah Sayyari
"The presence of our country's fleet in this strategic region of the world has proved that Iranian navy forces, in the sanctions situation, have changed threats to opportunities," Navy Commander Habibollah Sayyari said on Wednesday.
Two Iranian battleships have crossed the Suez Canal and entered the Mediterranean waters.
The ships are the 33,000-ton refueling and support vessel Kharg and the 1,500-ton light patrol frigate Alvand.
The Kharg has a crew of 250 and can carry up to three helicopters. The Alvand is armed with torpedoes and anti-ship missiles.
Rear Admiral Sayyari also said that Iran last week dispatched warships to the Sea of Oman, the Gulf of Aden and the west of Indian Ocean.
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --