PAAIA Members Elects New Board of Directors
Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA)
January 20, 2011, Washington, D.C. - The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian
Americans (PAAIA) is pleased to announce the results of the election of its
Board of Directors by the organization's members. In these elections, from a
list of 22 highly-qualified and dedicated candidates from across the country,
our members elected the following 18 persons to represent them in leading PAAIA,
overseeing its affairs and directing its policies.
- Pouria Abbassi - General Manager and CEO of the "World-Class" Los Angeles
Convention Center (LACC)
- Mina Amir-Mokri - Partner, Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon LLP
- Sharon Baradaran - President, Y&S Nazarian Family Foundation and Adjunct
Professor, UCLA Department of Political Science
- Mary Bavafa - Education Consultant, Former Community Relations Specialist
- Hamid Biglari - Vice-Chairman, Citicorp|Citigroup
- Ali Ebrahimi - Chairman and CEO, Ersa Grae
- Nazie Eftekhari - Founder, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of HealthEZ, Inc.
- Majid Fateh - Founder and Medical Director of the New York Fertility
- Tamilla Ghodsi - Managing Director, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Yousef Javadi - CEO, President and Co-Founder of LiveTimeNet Inc.,
- Mariam Khosravani - Executive Director, Coastline Community College Foundation
- Akbar A. Lari - President, Claremont Group
- Mohsen Moazami - Corporate Vice-President of the Internet Business Solutions
Group, Cisco Systems Inc.
- Ali Mojdehi - Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Firouz Naderi - Associate Director of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Francis Najafi - Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Pivotal Group
- Sanam Quraishi - Founder and CEO of SVQF, Member of the Clinton Global
- Nariman Teymourian
- Chairman and CEO, Gale Technologies, Inc.
For biographies of the newly
elected members of the Board of Directors of PAAIA, please
PAAIA expresses its utmost
gratitude to all the candidates who demonstrated their commitment and dedication
to the Iranian American community by stepping forward and participating in the
election. One of the distinguishing hallmarks of PAAIA since its inception has
been its transparent governance structure and the limitation on the term limits
set for its Board of Directors.
The election of PAAIA's Board to
take office this month for a two-year term was held from January 6th through the
14th of 2011. Of the eighteen persons who were elected, eleven served on the
2008 - 2010 Board and the other seven will be new members that we welcome to the
PAAIA Board of Directors.
The results of the election have
been reviewed and certified by PAAIA's independent accountants, for a copy of
which you can
To learn more about getting involved and becoming a member of PAAIA, please
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --
Other Insteresting Articles:
© Copyright 2011 NetNative
(All Rights Reserved)