Iran has lifted travel restrictions previously imposed on filmmaker Mohammad Rasoulof, his attorney announced on Tuesday.
The decision to lift the ban was announced in a letter from the Islamic Revolutionary Court in Tehran on Monday, Iman Mirzazadeh told the Persian service of ISNA.
Due to the travel restriction, Rasoulof missed the premiere of his latest film "Good Bye" at this year's Cannes film festival.
"Due to this fact, it is not certain whether my client will travel to Cannes," Mirzazadeh said.
Rasoulof and his Iranian colleague, Jafar Panahi, were accused of holding gatherings, conspiracy and propagandizing against the Iranian ruling system after the Iranian presidential election in June 2009.
Consequently, they were sentenced to six years in prison, which is redeemable by paying a fine, and banned from traveling abroad. They have appealed their convictions.
Rasoulof and Panahi both are currently free on bail.
... Payvand News - 05/18/11 ... --