Iran Asks US to Apologize For Assassination Allegations
Iran has called for the United States to apologize for allegations of an Iranian plot to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador to the U.S.
Iranian foreign minstry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Tuesday that Iran has sent a letter to the U.S. seeking an apology.
The letter also calls for the U.S. to provide compensation for damages based on the U.S. allegations. It was sent through the Swiss Embassy in Tehran, which represents U.S. interests because the U.S. and Iran do not have diplomatic relations.
U.S. officials have accused two suspects of conspiring to carry out a $1.5 million plot by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard's elite Quds force to kill Saudi envoy Adel al-Jubeir by bombing a Washington restaurant.
Manssor Arbabsiar pleaded not guilty to the charges last week in a New York court. He is a naturalized U.S. citizen holding Iranian and American passports.
Manssor Arbabsiar pictured in a mugshot from a 2001 arrest for theft
A former business partners: "If they were looking for 007, they got Mr. Bean"
The second suspect, Gholam Shakuri, is at large, but is believed to be in Iran.
Iran has denied involvement in the case.
- The used-car salesman, Mexican drug cartel, and the Saudi Ambassador: The anatomy of sanctioning Iran's Central Bank
- Pentagon game to divide Iranians and Arabs --Sharmine Narwani, Salon.com
- Accused Terror Plotter Pleads Not Guilty in US Court
- Does Obama Understand What's Been Unleashed? - Reza Marashi
- Framing Iran? -Ben Rosenfeld, Counterpunch
- The FBI Goes Rogue on Iran -Lawrence Davidson, Nation of Change
- How Petraeus Fueled the Plot: The CIA and the Iran Caper
- Iran Wants Access To Suspect In Saudi Death Plot
- Friends in Texas Question Allegations Against Iranian Terrorist Suspect: Mr. Bean or James Bond? - VOA
- The Alleged Murder Plot Viewed From Tehran - Golnaz Esfandiari, RFE/RL
- U.S. in "direct contact" with Iran over alleged plot
- A Drama at the Junior-High Level - Kam Zarrabi
- Interview: US looking for another war? - Voice of Russia
- Mr. President, We Believe Holder Lied on Iran Terror - Gordon Duff, Veterans Today
- Unanswered questions over the alleged Iranian assassination plot- Julian Borger, Guardian
- Iranian 'plots' and American hubris -CNN
- The "Come To Jesus" Moment In US-Iran Relations - Reza Marashi and Trita Parsi
- Iran Assassination Plot Raises Questions
- U.S.-Iran Tensions Grow as Indictment Accuses Iranian Agents of Assassination Plot- Democracy Now
- Nothing's certain about Iranian plot - Shirin Hunter, CNN
- "Brazen" alleged Iran-backed assassination plot perplexes U.S. analysts
- Iran complains to United Nations over U.S. terror plot allegations - Press TV
- Iranian Terror Plot: Fake, Fake, Fake - Justin Raimondo, antiwar.com
- U.S. Foils Alleged Iranian Plot To Assassinate Saudi Ambassador -RFE/RL
- Assassinations of nuclear scientists instances of nuclear terrorism: Iranian Official
- Who killed the Iranian physics professors?
- 'Mossad behind Iran scientist's murder': Expresso Weekly
- Report: 'Mossad behind assassinations in Iran'
... Payvand News - 11/01/11 ... --