Iran says assassination plot suspect is in U.S.
Source: Radio Zamaneh
Iran has confirmed International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) is demanding that Iran hand over Gholam Shakouri, one of the prime suspects in the alleged plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the US. Al-Arabiah quoted Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi saying there are 150 people in Iran named Gholam Shakouri.
"We have received a question from international police regarding this name," Ali Akbar Salehi said. "Our investigation revealed that there is an individual by the name of Gholam Shakouri who lives in the U.S. and is a member of the People's Mojahedin Organization."
The People's Mojahedin of Iran Organization is an Iranian dissident exile group, which the Islamic Republic views as a terrorist group and one of its arch enemies.
The U.S. authorities claim Gholam Shakouri is a member of the Qods Force, the international arm of Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps, and they accuse him of being involved in a plot to assassinate Saudi ambassador Adel Al-Jubeir.
Also accused is Mansour Arbabsiar, an Iranian-American citizen already in U.S. custody. Arbabsiar has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Iranian foreign minister announced that the U.S. has agreed to provide Iran with the case file and to let Iranian authorities meet with Arbabsiar in prison.
The U.S. has accused five Iranians of involvement in the case and alleges that the IRGC initiated the plot.
- Pentagon game to divide Iranians and Arabs -Salon.com
- Accused Terror Plotter Pleads Not Guilty in US Court
- Does Obama Understand What's Been Unleashed? - Reza Marashi
- Framing Iran? -Ben Rosenfeld, Counterpunch
- The FBI Goes Rogue on Iran -Lawrence Davidson, Nation of Change
- How Petraeus Fueled the Plot: The CIA and the Iran Caper
- Iran Wants Access To Suspect In Saudi Death Plot
- Friends in Texas Question Allegations Against Iranian Terrorist Suspect: Mr. Bean or James Bond? - VOA
- The Alleged Murder Plot Viewed From Tehran - Golnaz Esfandiari, RFE/RL
- U.S. in "direct contact" with Iran over alleged plot
- A Drama at the Junior-High Level - Kam Zarrabi
- Interview: US looking for another war? - Voice of Russia
- Mr. President, We Believe Holder Lied on Iran Terror - Gordon Duff, Veterans Today
- Unanswered questions over the alleged Iranian assassination plot- Julian Borger, Guardian
- Iranian 'plots' and American hubris -CNN
- The "Come To Jesus" Moment In US-Iran Relations - Reza Marashi and Trita Parsi
- Iran Assassination Plot Raises Questions
- U.S.-Iran Tensions Grow as Indictment Accuses Iranian Agents of Assassination Plot- Democracy Now
- Nothing's certain about Iranian plot - Shirin Hunter, CNN
- "Brazen" alleged Iran-backed assassination plot perplexes U.S. analysts
- Iran complains to United Nations over U.S. terror plot allegations - Press TV
- Iranian Terror Plot: Fake, Fake, Fake - Justin Raimondo, antiwar.com
- U.S. Foils Alleged Iranian Plot To Assassinate Saudi Ambassador -RFE/RL
- Assassinations of nuclear scientists instances of nuclear terrorism: Iranian Official
- Who killed the Iranian physics professors?
- 'Mossad behind Iran scientist's murder': Expresso Weekly
- Report: 'Mossad behind assassinations in Iran'
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --