A senior Iranian military official says Kurdish rebels must leave the border region before Iran will consider talking about a cease-fire.
Colonel Hamid Ahmadi said Monday that Iran's Revolutionary Guards killed more than 30 fighters from the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan and wounded 40 others in recent clashes.
Iran launched an offensive last week, after officials said the military suspended fighting against the group during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
The Kurdish rebel group had proposed a cease-fire with Iran, saying it hoped the move would lead to a democratic solution to the conflict between the two sides. It said in a statement on its website that the cease-fire would go into effect Monday if Iran agreed.
However, the group warned that Tehran would be responsible for "upcoming events" if it rejected the measure.
PJAK has clashed sporadically with Iranian forces in recent years and says it is fighting for greater rights.
... Payvand News - 09/05/11 ... --