Source: Fars News Agency
A senior commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps said that the IRGC's successful military operation against the PJAK has forced the terrorist group to accept Iran's terms and withdraw from the Iranian soil.
A group of PJAK fighters
"Last week, the grouplet helplessly held up its hands and surrendered and withdrew from the Jasosan heights, a place that they called their pride and honor," Lieutenant of the IRGC Ground Force General Abdollah Araqi said on Thursday.
He added that the group accepted to retreat to areas one kilometer behind Iran's borderline with Iraq, and avoid conducting military activities on Iranian soil and recruiting Iranian nationals.
Araqi announced that the Iranian forces had killed 180 militias and wounded 300 others during the recent operations, and said Iranian forces are now stationed in the heights and are building bunkers.
Funeral in Qom for some of the IRGC personnel who died fighting with PJAK - July 2011
Earlier this month, Commander of the IRGC's Ali Ibn Abi Taleb Division Mehdi Mahdavinejad said that his forces seized PJAK headquarters in Jasosan heights in the Northwestern border regions after Iran offered a final 10-day deadline to the grouplet to leave the country's soil.
Asked about the specifications of the PJAK stronghold, Mahdavinejad said that PJAK had dug a heavily fortified three-storied bunker in the citadel in the Jasosan heights with 50 to 60 meter-long tunnels inside each bunker.
Mahdavinejad added that each story and its over 190cm high tunnels could easily lodge 500-600 gunmen.
He noted that the anti-revolutionary outlaws had stockpiled all the necessary logistic materials inside these bunkers.
Last week, the IRGC forces stationed along Iran's Northwestern borders after purging the region of PJAK terrorists.
The border deployment took place after the Iranian armed forces conducted a series of massive military operations inside the country's territories to root out the anti-Iran terrorist group.
The new round of clashes between the two sides started in July after the IRGC arrested several teams of PJAK, who intended to infiltrate Iran to stage terrorist operations in the country.
In response, Iran deployed about 5,000 military forces in the Northwestern parts of the country along its joint border with the Iraqi Kurdistan region.
During the operations, the IRGC forces killed, injured and arrested tens of terrorists and destroyed their headquarters in the bordering areas of Alvatan near Sardasht city in Northwestern Iran.
But, upon a request by Iraq's Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), the group was given a one-month grace period during the Muslims' holy fasting month of Ramadan to retreat from the Northwestern borders of the Islamic Republic and stop its terrorist acts in these regions.
But the PJAK terrorist group paid no heed to the KRG's appeals and mediation and martyred two local Kurdish forces.
The IRGC resumed military operations against the Iraq-based PJAK terrorist group after its one-month deadline to the terrorist group ended.
Senior Iranian political and military officials have always underlined that the IRGC will continue operations against the terrorist group in a bid to defend Iran's territorial integrity.
PJAK reportedly called for a ceasefire with Iran after some of their members were killed and others injured in the IRGC's latest round of operations against the terrorist group.
Earlier this month, the IRGC announced that it had arrested two senior commanders of the terrorist PJAK group in an operation in the Northwestern parts of the country.
The number two man and second leader of the PJAK terrorist group, Majid Kavian, had also been killed in an earlier IRGC operation in Northwestern Iran.
The deputy commander of the Iraq-based PJAK terrorist group, Majid Kavian, alias Semko Sarholdan, was killed in an IRGC operation in Northwestern Iran earlier this month.
The website of the terrorist group confirmed his death in a statement.
After the group sustained a heavy toll and injuries during the new round of IRGC operations, the ringleader of PJAK, Abdul Rahman Haji Ahmadi, told the BBC Persian channel that the group would continue fighting with Iranian forces if the IRGC refuses to accept the ceasefire.
In reply, the IRGC said it would not accept a ceasefire with the PJAK before the Iraq-based terrorist group leaves Iranian borders.
But, after repeated demands by the Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government officials, the IRGC Ground Force called on the Iraqi Kurdistan's regional government to specify the terms and contents of the ceasefire demand presented by the Iraq-based PJAK terrorist group.
The IRGC Ground Force also underlined the necessity for the withdrawal of all outlaws, anti-revolutionary forces and elements of the PJAK terrorist group from the bordering areas of Iran.
Earlier reports had said that PJAK and PKK members had dug new tunnels in the Jasosan heights close to Iran's border regions over the past month, exploiting the IRGC ceasefire during the fasting month of Ramadan.
In addition, PJAK and PKK terrorists received new weapons and equipment, including 120-millimeter mortars and walkie-talkies, from the US consulate in the Northern Iraqi city of Arbil during the ceasefire.
PJAK, a militant Kurdish nationalist group with bases in the mountainous regions of Northern Iraq, has been carrying out numerous attacks in Western Iran, Southern Turkey and the Northeastern parts of Syria where Kurdish populations live.
The separatist group has been fighting to establish an autonomous state, or possibly a new world country, in the area after separating Kurdish regions from Iran, Iraq, Turkey and Syria.
Iranian intelligence and security officials have repeatedly complained that Washington provides military support and logistical aids for such anti-Iran terrorist groups.
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --