At least 306 people have died and more than 4500 injured in two successive earthquakes that hit province of East Azarbaijan in the northwestern Iran last Saturday afternoon. While some help is arriving, a lot remains to be done to restore the living conditions of these people who have lost their homes, their loved ones and even their villages. Iranian government, which had been criticized for calling off the rescue operations too early, is now being criticized for not doing enough to help the survivors.
Ahar, Iran: Iranian regime prohibiting people from helping the earthquak victims
Description for above video: Volunteers planning to deliver food and supplies to the quake victims were told by the government officials to deliver the donations to them since the refugees are well-supplied. They were also warned by the officials that if they attempt to go to the quake hit regions, they will be attacked on the road and their supplies will be stolen. The volunteers didn't abide and delivered the donations directly, without facing any issues. Also, what they witnessed in the villages contradicted the officials' accounts. People are still suffering from lack of basic necessities and are in need of help...
Azarbaijan, Iran: Quake victims complain about lack of help from the government.
Description for above video: A quake refugee criticizes the government for not doing anything for the victims, aside from sending them few tents. He has harsh word for the government which he says helps other countries while ignoring it's own people. He says it was because of people's help that he and others in the village were rescued, and he is thankful for the donations they continue to provide them.
Related Photos: Non-government volunteers deliver food to people
Photos by Mehr News Agency photographers
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --