Source: Mehr News Agency, Tehran
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast has dismissed recent claims by a U.S. security institute that Iran may be trying to remove evidence from the Parchin military site.
Parchin military base
Speaking to the Persian service of ISNA on Wednesday, Mehmanparast said, "The institute is not experienced enough. If it was, it would know that (evidence of) nuclear activities cannot be cleaned up in such a way that they claim, and they have joked with our nation."
International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Yukiya Amano said on March 9 that Iran might had been trying to sanitize the Parchin site, which is located southeast of Tehran, of any incriminating evidence of explosives tests that would indicate efforts to design nuclear weapons.
Tehran rejected requests by the IAEA delegations to inspect the Parchin site during their visits to Iran from January 29 to 31 and February 21 to 22 and has made it clear that a framework must be agreed on for any access or visit.
Iran and the UN nuclear watchdog have agreed to meet at the office of the Islamic Republic's diplomatic mission to international organizations in Vienna on May 14 and 15.
Amano said on May 4 that gaining access to the Parchin site will be the priority for the agency when it resumes talks with Tehran.
Related Story: New Satellite Image Shows Activity at Parchin Site in Iran - The Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS)
... Payvand News - 05/12/12 ... --