Source: 12Petals Media Group
Human Rights Day (Dec 10) is celebrated annually across the globe. And, December Human Rights Month encourages greater awareness of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
First and foremost, Happy International Human Rights Day to Everyone and Everywhere.
12Petals Media Group
The focus objective of producing human rights advocacy projects has been to amplify that essential to the concept of a culture of human rights is the knowledge of “rights and responsibilities” to be defined, conveyed, and recognized primarily in culture rather than in law. (1) Pointing out to the culture rather than law stresses the importance of relationship in human rights, and can position us on a solid foundation and in the right direction for the achievement of our humanity.
To put it in simple terms, our humanity stems from and flourishes in our relationships rather than in our courtrooms. Thus, this focused attention on culture of human rights and relationships based on the pillars and principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights includes interactions within families, friendships, associations, work collaborations, and public spaces as well as within communities and, to a great extend, within international relationships. It is within these connections and bonds that human rights and responsibilities can be discovered and experienced in day-to-day life experiences. (2)
Based on this view, 12Petals Media Group eagerly works to emphasize the centrality of culture to the achievement of human rights. This distinct and intended preference relies on ‘people power’ and requires empowerment from below (bottom-to-top approach). Placing our trust in culture propels us towards working to expand a firm, viable, and society-based culture that defines, respects, upholds, and promotes human rights. Such societies and communities that are firmly committed to human rights principles appreciate other society and community members’ contributions and function on consensus and non-violent decision-making. Furthermore, they accept self-responsibility and strongly demand transparency and accountability from their leaders and representatives.
And it is with this perspective that 12Petals Media Group values the importance of advocacy/outreach work for the human rights and responsibilities’ ideals through art, film, music, poetry, writing, and so on and by collaborating with like-minded individuals. (3)
12Petals takes pleasure in being a part of on-going advocacy and outreach efforts everywhere to promote human rights principles, individual rights and liberty, and the right to the individual initiative.
Below, you will find the list of 12Petals’ produced and presented human rights advocacy projects. Please kindly consider helping us to reach more people! Share them with your family, friends, and beyond as you deem them essential and valuable.
Acknowledgement and Credits
By: 12Petals Media Group
Graphic Designer/Artist: Anna Felisha Ott
Image Production By: 12Petals Media Group, Human Rights & Responsibilities Advocacy Projects. 2013
>>> The list of 12Petals Media Group’s human rights produced and presented projects in alphabetical order:
- Advocacy for a Culture of Human Rights and Responsibilities
- All rights in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights are regarded as equally important
- Celebrating the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Human Rights for Everyone & Everywhere
- Cherishing Gender Equality and Culture of Human Rights
- Cherishing the Right to the Individual Initiative
- Cultivating a Culture of Human Rights and Responsibilities
- Cultural Heritage and Human Rights
- Culture of Human Rights Cultivates Tolerance
- Culture of Human Rights Short Graphic Film Production
- Declaration of Internet Freedom - By: Internet Declaration Organization
- Declaration on the Right and Responsibility of Individuals, Groups and Organs of Society to Promote and Protect Universally Recognized Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
- Democracy, Tyranny, & Liberty
- Dialogue vs. Debate & Culture of Human Rights
- Desired Discussion Model
- Embracing our Differences
- “Ends and Means” - The principle of Process and Culture of Human Rights
- Equality, Freedom, & Respect
- Exercising Human Rights needs to be Protected
- Freedom Means the Supremacy of Human Rights Everywhere
• Freedom of Religion and Freedom from Religion
- Genocide and its relationship to Human Rights
- Human Dignity and Equal Dignity
- Human Integrity
- Human Rights and Freedom - Advocating Love for Human Rights
- Human Rights are Universal
- Human Rights Everywhere and for Everyone
- Human Rights is a Historical Shared Journey - Love Human Rights
- No human expression reaches into the soul, as does art
- Oppression Dehumanizes
- Poem, “A Boat I will Shape” - By: Sohrab Sepehri
- Protect Human Rights Defenders - Protect One. Empower a Thousand
- Protect People and their Human Rights or Accept their Revolution
- Protecting each other's Human Rights is Commendable
- Question Authority -- Uphold and Protect your Rights
- Respect Others - Respect Individuality
- Right to Dissent
- SECULAR HUMANISM - And a Short Film on Secularism
- The Ethics of Culture of Human Rights: Emphasis on Equal Opportunity and Meritocracy
- The Hallmark of a Democratic System of Justice: Innocent Until Proven Guilty
- The International Bill of Human Rights -- (The Covenants)
- Tolerance and Culture of Human Rights
- The use of torture strikes at the very heart of civil and political freedom
- Treasuring “Freedom of Expression” Principle
- Two Major Fallacious Arguments: 1) Ad Hominem and 2) Ad Populum
- What is the Philosophy of Liberty?
Your viewpoint is important to us. Please share your view and thoughts. And thank you for your support. You can reach us by:
Special thanks are extended to all those who keep supporting and contributing to 12Petals’ culture of human rights and responsibilities collaborative advocacy projects.
Persian translation of these culture of human rights advocacy/outreach projects can be mostly seen here.
About 12Petals: 12Petals Media Group strives to be a union of visual artists, musicians, filmmakers, cinematographers, playwrights, social entrepreneurs and more, all coming together to produce inspired multimedia pieces that promote and encourage respect for those rights protected by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
... Payvand News - 12/27/13 ... --