Source: Mehr News Agency, Tehran
The Iranian government is holding talks with Britain about the resumption of consular activities between the two countries, the Iranian deputy foreign minister for consular and expatriates' affairs, Hassan Qashqavi, said on Sunday.
Photos: UK Embassy in Tehran stormed (November 2011)
British Foreign Secretary William Hague withdrew British diplomats and shuttered the Tehran embassy after it was attacked in 2011 by a mob, which he claimed had the backing of the government. Iranian diplomats in London were also expelled.
Qashqavi said, "We have agreed with the British government that Sweden host its Interests Section in Tehran and that the country of Oman host our Interests Section in London."
He also commented on Iran's ties with Canada and said that no agreement had been made as to which countries should host the two countries' Interest Sections.
Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird announced on September 7, 2012 that Canada had closed its embassy in Tehran. It also expelled all Iranian diplomats in Canada a few days after the announcement was made.
Related Site: UK for Iranians
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --