An Iranian official says Tehran will not include its ballistic-missile program as part of talks with six world powers on an agreement to curb Iran's controversial nuclear program.
Test firing of Iran's Shahab-3 missile (November 2006)
Defense Minister General Hossein Dehghan told the semiofficial Fars news agency on April 16 that Iran's missile program has "nothing to do" with the nuclear talks and "we don't accept any intervention from anybody on this issue."
Dehghan's statement comes after Wendy Sherman, a top U.S. State Department negotiator on the nuclear talks, said Tehran's ballistic missiles should be part of a final agreement with Iran on its nuclear program.
Iran has previously said its defense industry is off limits in the ongoing nuclear talks with officials from Britain, France, Germany, the United States, Russia, and China.
Iran has developed some missiles that have a range of 2,000 kilometers.
Based on reporting by AP
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --