Source: Tehran Times
Conductor Farhad Fakhreddini has said that he is ready to restore Iran's National Orchestra, which has almost been dismantled over the past five years. "I will keep my promise to the officials and will return to the stage in high spirits to save the National Orchestra," he told the Persian service of IRNA on Tuesday in his first comments he made after being appointed to the orchestra last week.
Iran's National Orchestra conductor Farhad Fakhreddini in an undated photo
"I accepted the position of conductor in order to save the orchestra from decline," he added.
He said that music has been ignored over the past few years and added, "I hope music would be noticed under the new management of artistic affairs."
"The National Orchestra has fallen below its peak," Fakhreddini stated and added that he will do his best to restore the orchestra.
The National Orchestra was established in 1998 by Fakhreddini, who helmed the orchestra until July 2009 when he resigned due inapt interventions from the Music Office of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance. Afterwards, the orchestra began to languish.
However, the new officials at the Music Office then asked the 76-year-old musician to restore the orchestra.
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --