Source: Oakland Museum of California (OMCA)
Nowruz Meet & Greet @ OMCA
Friday, March 28, 2014, 5-9 pm
Oakland’s popular weekly family nights will represent the Persian New Year celebration “Nowruz”! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street for a taste of local music, food, art, culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area culture!
What to expect on March 28:
- Traditional Haftsin table representing the arrival of Spring. This symbolic table is part of the Nowruz festivities celebrated by Iranian-American as well as the Afghan-American communities of the Bay Area.
- Family-friendly drop-in Nowruz art activity from 5 to 8 pm
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJs & live bands playing all night
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- A vibrant and friendly environment for kids to play, for all to dance, to meet new friends and greet old ones Persian style
- Traditional costumes are optional!
Cost: All outdoor activities are free to the public. Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Makers and Tasters Series is made possible by generous support from Whole Foods Market.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.
Persian New Year, Nowruz 2014-1293 Times
... Payvand News - 03/18/14 ... --