Report by Tasnim News Agency; photos by Faraj Samadi, Islamic Republic News Agency
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif visited Carlos Queiroz's side at their training base in Austrian capital of Vienna on Thursday. The Iranian team of nuclear negotiators, led by Zarif, is in Vienna for a fresh round of talks with the representatives of six world powers over Iran's peaceful nuclear program.
The Iranian national football team, also known as Team Melli, is also holding a pre-World Cup training camp in Austria. The team is to play three friendly matches with Belarus, Montenegro and Angola in the camp.
Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Zarif on Thursday took the time to pay a visit to the Iranian football players at their camp, some 120 kilometers away from Vienna.
"It's a great honor playing for your country, playing in a World Cup. You've made your Iranian people proud. The nation wants to see your success in the World Cup," Zarif told the players and staff.
The top diplomat also noted that President Hassan Rouhani will meet the Iranian football team in Tehran before heading to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.
Iran has been pitted in Group F of the World Cup along with Nigeria, Argentina and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Schedule of IRAN friendlies in AUSTRIA:
* 18.5.2014, 14:00 - Iran v Belarus (Franz Fekete Stadion, Kapfenberg);
* 26.5.2014, 18:30 - Iran v Montenegro (TSV Hartberg Fußballstadion, Hartberg);
* 30.5.2014, 14:00 - Iran v Angola (TSV Hartberg Fußballstadion, Hartberg).
ABOUT Iran match in KAPFENBERG:
* stadium address: J.-Brandl-Gasse 25, 8605 Kapfenberg;
* price: € 10;
* purchase ticket: there is no advance ticket sale, you can buy the ticket directly at the stadium, the ticket office will be opened at 11:00
ABOUT Iran matches in HARTBERG:
* stadium address: Stefan-Seedoch-Allee 26, 8230 Hartberg;
* price: € 10 for adults; € 7 for students; children until the age of 15 are free of charge;
* purchase ticket: there is no advance ticket sale, you can buy the ticket directly at the stadium, the ticket office will be opened 2 hours prior to the kick-off.
Source: International Football Camp Styria: email@example.com
... Payvand News - 05/16/14 ... --