Source: Pars Equality Center (PEC)
James Truslow Adams first used the term “American Dream” in his 1931 book, The Epic of America. He states: “The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement. A dream of social order in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable, and be recognized by others for what they are, regardless of the fortuitous circumstances of birth or position”.
The Pars Youth Grant /The American Dream was initiated with the help and generosity of The Kordestani Family Fund, which has as one of its core principals, investing in the education of our youth.This new endeavor hopes to contribute to our younger generation’s success.
This grant is awarded only to students graduating from high school in CA with specific plans to continue their education in a University. The amount of the grant can change yearly, but the maximum per student will be $10,000 per year.
The amount of the grant will be based on the following criteria:
- Financial need,
- Cost of attendance,
- Status as full-time or part-time student, and
- On going high performance at the university or college.
Students may not receive PARS Grant Funds for more than one year.
- Grant participants must enroll by July 1st (Click Here),
- The student must have 3.5 cumulative GPA at the end of their senior semester, and
- Must be legal residents and CA residence.
Documents needed from Applicant:
- Copy of Personal statement- (150 words) Essay writing about your American Dream,
- Copy of latest family tax return,
- Copy of last semester of high school grades,
- Copy of acceptance letter from University, and
- Copy of tuition requirements/charges.
Please mail above documents with your personal statements no later than July 1st 2014 to:
Pars Equality Center
Attention: Pars Youth Grant/The American Dream
P.O. Box 1383
Menlo Park, CA 94026
Pars Equality Center
... Payvand News - 05/27/14 ... --