Iran News ...


12/02/15

School fire in Hashtrood injures Iranian teacher

Source: Radio Zamaneh

A fire involving a kerosene heater at an elementary school in Hashtrood resulted in a teacher sustaining serious burn injuries. Fars News reported on November 30, the fire at Alipoor School in Hashtrood district scared the students and caused burns to the hand of their teacher who was trying to protect the students from the fire.


cartoon by Nazanin Jamshidi, Iranian daily Shahrvand

Mohammad Salimpoor, a Hashtrood official told ISNA that Hashtrood's Board of Education is at fault because the head of this office had announced that there were no sub-standard heaters in any of the schools in Hashtrood.

He added that Ministry of Education has told them not to let the news of the fire leak into the media.

This incident occurred in the face of an announcement made this week by Ali-Asghar Fani, Iran's Minister of Education saying: "This year 40 thousand classrooms will say goodbye to kerosene burning heaters and we have planned to completely upgrade the heating systems in schools within the next two years so the students have no worries about the heating."

Three years ago in a classroom at Shin Abad School in West Azerbaijan 12 students suffered burns of up to 60% during another fire caused by a Kerosene heater.


Victims of the fire at Shin Abad School in Iran's West Azerbaijan province
(September 2014 file photo by Abbas Kowsari, Shargh daily)

Morteza Raisi, Head of the Organization for Renovation and Equipping of Schools in Iran had recently said that 75 thousand classrooms in Iran are devoid of standard heaters. "This number means that in these classrooms at least 200 thousand students are still using oil and gas heaters which put their lives at danger."

... Payvand News - 12/02/15 ... --



comments powered by Disqus

Home | ArchiveContact | About |  Web Sites | Bookstore | Persian Calendar | twitter | facebook | RSS Feed


© Copyright 2015 NetNative (All Rights Reserved)