Source: Radio Zamaneh
Since February 2011, Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi (candidates in June 2009 Presidentail Elections), as well as Mousavi's wife, Zahra Rahnavard, have been under house arrest, completely cut off from the outside world.
Iran's Justice Minister says bringing official charges against the leaders of election protests and putting them on trial is agreeing to "play in the enemy's field".
Kaleme reported on Friday January 2 that Mostafa PourMohammadi said in a television interview on the topic of "holding a trial for Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi" that "the regime has not entered that equation or opened that file".
"Indicting them, opening a file, setting up a trial and investigation, this is like beginning to play in the enemy's field;" PourMohammadi said.
The Justice Minister went on to add that such a move would "persist in creating divisions and harm national unity".
The opposition leaders Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi have been under house arrest without any official charges brought against them since 2011, and demands to put them on trial and treat them according to the letter of the law have been repeatedly denied by the establishment.
Earlier this week, the head of the judiciary, Ayatollah Sadegh Larijani, said the judiciary has "sufficient evidence" against the opposition leaders, and to put them on trial would be neither difficult nor worrisome.
... Payvand News - 01/04/15 ... --