Source: Farhang Foundation
Farhang Foundation Iranian Mural Design Competition
Farhang Foundation invites artists worldwide to participate in a Design Contest for a series Murals conceptualizing aspects of Iranian culture!
LOS ANGELES, CA, March 1, 2016- Farhang Foundation is calling on aspiring and veteran artists to submit original designs that conceptualize aspects of Iranian culture. Eligible designs will be considered as the central artwork featured on a series of murals in prominent areas of Los Angeles.
Farhang Foundation is collaborating with Beautify Earth to gift 5 murals to the City of Los Angeles.
The competition offers contestants, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a vital part of Farhang Foundation's efforts to celebrate Iranian Art & Culture for the benefit of the community at large. The contestant will receive recognition on Farhang and Beautify Earth's websites and in global PR campaigns.
1) The artist will submit design via email
2) Eligible designs will be shortlisted by a committee of judges, selected by Farhang Foundation
3) Building owners will select desired art piece from shortlisted designs
4) Artist will be asked to adjust design to the dimensions and restrictions of the building (e.g., potential windows, color coding of surrounding areas, etc.) and by key decision makers
5) Installer/Muralist to be assigned by Beautify Earth
6) Design to receive final adjustments by muralist and be installed
DEADLINE & SUBMISSION INFO:
1) Submit your original conceptual design in low resolution digital format (.jpg, .png or .pdf format by APRIL 15, 2016
2) Include FULL NAME of the artist EMAIL and TELEPHONE NUMBER
3) All entries should be submitted via email to Murals@Farhang.org
RULES & INSTRUCTIONS:
1) All designs must be the original work of the contestant
2) The design must conceptualize aspects of Iranian culture
3) The design should be inclusive and uplifting. It cannot be political or make viewers feel uncomfortable or instill a negative feeling
4) Ideal designs have:
i. A focal point that fits in to a perfect square
ii. A background color or pattern that is infinitely expandable so that the design can be adjusted to walls of various sizes
5) The design will be painted on a standard sized wall (most walls are about ~15x40 feet, i.e., ~5x12 meters). The designer should use best judgment in how well the design will translate into a painting of that size. For prior murals completed by Beautify Earth, please visit BeautifyEarth.org
6) Designers do NOT need mural painting experience
Beautify Earth is putting an end to blighted walls and fixtures by empowering artists, encouraging social responsibility, and instilling community pride in impoverished or neglected communities/streets/walls. They also provide education programs designed to inspire and provide a framework for undiscovered talent to flourish. The art projects attract new businesses and improve the likelihood of community investment. "Paint the world in color" and "until no unkempt wall remains" are the slogans of their global mission. For more info visit BeautifyEarth.org
About Beautify Earth
About Farhang Foundation
Farhang Foundation is a non-religious, non-political and not-for-profit foundation established in 2008 to celebrate and promote Iranian art and culture for the benefit of the community at large. The foundation supports academic activities in Southern California by funding university programs, publications and conferences. The foundation also supports cultural programs such as the celebration of Nowruz and Shab-e Yalda, theater, dance performances, film screenings and poetry readings in Southern California. Farhang Foundation, in cooperation with various cultural and academic institutions, plans major programs and exhibitions about Iran and its culture. However, the content, viewpoints or biases expressed by individual artists, academics, institutions or events supported by the foundation belong solely to each individual party and do not necessarily reflect the views of Farhang Foundation. For more info visit Farhang.org
... Payvand News - 03/25/16 ... --