Photos by Amir Ali Razzaghi, Mehr News Agency
Ramsar Palace was established on a land of 60,000 square meters in 1937. The area was a historical garden in Ramsar. The palace was used as a summer residence by Reza Shah and then by his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and his second spouse Sorayya Esfendiari spent their honeymoon in the palace.
photo by Milad Mosapoor
Ramsar Palace is a compact and modest residence with 600 square metres (6,500 sq ft) square meters area It is a rectangular building with a single story, and is decorated with works by famous Iranian sculptors and painters. The front line of the palace is made up of carved marble stones which were made by local artists. The common materials used are plaster and mirror in addition to marble. There is a reception hall or central hall in the place which has wooden floor.
The palace has been used as a museum since 2000. It is called the Ramsar Palace museum or the Caspian museum and is known by locals as "Tamashagah Khazar".
... Payvand News - 10/21/16 ... --